Sunday, January 01, 2006
First Ski Experience
Mini-DV and I just came back from Hunter Mountain ski trip. Went up in a group of 7. We took a beginner ski lesson and bought the try-pak. It was a good fall experience.

When I realized that I was the only one kept the whole class waiting. I decided to pass our second round up to the bunny slope. When I told the ski coach that, without any doubts, he immediately said to me "thank you for coming". Now you all know how bad I was. And I did try to keep up my good sports spirit. However, I regretted that we need to return for 2 more times to get our money worth. Unfortunately, it's non-transferable.

At the end of the day, one of our friends only taught me one little skill that finally made my day. I slowly learned not to fall and stop.

There are two lines to describe my first ski experience: "I am falling, and I can't get up". " A good student requires a good teacher".

Now, I start my year 2006 with bruises and whole lot of body ache, and Mini-DV with a damaged cornea in his left eye.
posted by Powderpuff @ Sunday, January 01, 2006  
13 Comments:
  • At 11:08 PM, January 02, 2006, Blogger Mini-DV said…

    i actually enjoy ski now.. finally learned to ski without falling & thank goodness ....... my left eye is recovering very quickly in 2 days.

     
  • At 12:25 AM, January 03, 2006, Blogger IChiban said…

    that is good to know, my skis are waiting for me this winter, so lets go Ski. I know eatgod is dying to go

     
  • At 9:51 AM, January 03, 2006, Blogger Mini-DV said…

    sure.. let's go to Hunter again. I still have 2 more visits to use on my pass.

    so when are you coming back from TW? I can't wait to see Ah-Ming's new house too.

     
  • At 3:02 PM, January 03, 2006, Blogger IChiban said…

    I think Ming's home is done, I might be there on Sat, call me. Re: Skiing lets go the following week.

     
  • At 3:16 PM, January 03, 2006, Blogger eatgod said…

    Let's all go to see Ah-min's house together

     
  • At 3:45 PM, January 03, 2006, Blogger Powderpuff said…

    Is this the new chat room?!
    hmmmm.. (thinking)

     
  • At 3:59 PM, January 03, 2006, Blogger Mini-DV said…

    sounds good to me..

    1) this SAT - party at Ah-ming's house.
    Eatgod, make sure you have a good Japanese scary movie, let's try it with Ah-ming's new 60" plasma TV. I

    2) next SAT - Ski @ Hunter

     
  • At 4:18 PM, January 03, 2006, Blogger Mini-DV said…

    for those who hate to ski, you can try snowtubing:


    Snowtubing
    Snowtubing's a fun winter pastime, and is located right at Hunter! Packed with laughs, snowtubing at Hunter is a great activity perfect for the entire family! Our park has 3 chutes and one tow, with two-hour sessions available Friday through Sunday!

    Adults and children must be at least 42 inches in height to participate in Snowtubing. The park is OPEN starting December 17, 2005

     
  • At 1:36 PM, January 06, 2006, Blogger Powderpuff said…

    Draggonnj: yes. There were lots of kids, like Aaron's age, having fun there for both ski and snowboard. They actually have many ski lessons for kids. You won't be needed, hmmm, maybe some emotional support for him. ha ha!!

     
  • At 5:40 PM, January 11, 2006, Blogger Leigo said…

    Riceman and Leigo wants to go ski on the west coast... anyone interested??? Say let's go ski next weeknd to warm up, and go to the west coast sometime Feb.

     
  • At 1:14 AM, January 12, 2006, Blogger IChiban said…

    why wait till next weekend, lets go monday, since its a holiday

     
  • At 3:58 PM, January 12, 2006, Blogger Mini-DV said…

    I want to ski at North Pole, anyone?

     
  • At 7:28 PM, January 31, 2006, Blogger eatgod said…

    Time to update the blog...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: Powderpuff
Home: New York, United States
About Me: Sleep on raining days. Be lazy. Love to clean house. Hate clutters.
See my complete profile

Links
Previous Post
Archives