Friday, April 21, 2006
Office Politics
Last night I was invited by my colleagues join them for drinks after work to celebrate a couple's recent marriage. Both of them are our chief medical directors. I declined it for some personal reason.

Today my colleague told me that it was really bad since there were only 4 people showed up. I told her that people all have life after work, it's understandable that not many people can make it last night.

In reply, she said "office politics is very important since you never know when you will need their help, especially they are in the higher position". "We all should make time for it."

Honestly, I don't believe it's ALL THAT important if you do your work with competency and professional courtesy.
posted by Powderpuff @ Friday, April 21, 2006  
3 Comments:
  • At 9:47 AM, April 24, 2006, Blogger IChiban said…

    Agreed what you do is your own business. Just because she wants to kiss as, it does not mean you have to kiss ass.

    So does not mean you should not go if the person is not in a "high position"?

     
  • At 4:47 PM, April 25, 2006, Blogger eatgod said…

    well....

    you will be suprised how inadequate people do well and adequate people got screwed because of office politics.

    just playing the devil's advocate:)

     
  • At 5:01 PM, April 25, 2006, Blogger Mini-DV said…

    I prefer to stay neutral.... A complex game like office politics will never end.

    Unfortunately, there is always a glass ceiling for the minorities, no matter how much efforts you put in, or how well you played the politics. You just can’t go higher, so why bother?

    To make my work experience a more pleasant one, the only people I would give extra tender loving care is my immediate supervisor. but I don't kiss his ass either.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: Powderpuff
Home: New York, United States
About Me: Sleep on raining days. Be lazy. Love to clean house. Hate clutters.
See my complete profile

Links
Previous Post
Archives